We do not share your personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- We will not give personal information to advertisers;
- We do not tolerate spam;
- You may occasionally be notified by email of announcements from SabiMall; you may opt out of these announcements at any time by using the unsubscribe link contained in each email announcement.
2. Collection of Information
Sources of Information We Collect
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. It may be when you:
- Register for our Services.
- Interact with our Services.
- Install and/or access our Services through our application(s), including our mobile application.
- Connect to our Services using third party accounts, such as social media and email accounts.
- Contact us for support.
- Enter a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, or respond to a survey or poll.
We collect certain information when you submit or provide it to us directly. When you have installed our mobile application or when you interact with our Services online, we also automatically collect information about you and your use of the Services through the use of log processes, cookies, location-identifying technologies, and other tracking technologies. Certain information is collected about you from third parties, such as when you connect through a third-party service.
Types of information Collected
The types of information we collect about you may include personal information of the following types:
- Contact data. Such as name, address, and phone number.
- Profile data. Such as username, password, picture, interests, preferences, and merchandise sizing.
- Education data. Such as college and year of graduation.
- Demographic data. Such as postal code, gender, and age.
- Your data. Such as text, audio, video and metadata content regarding Your uploads.
- Transaction data. Such as payment and other details connected Your purchases.
- Communication data. Such as questions and feedback You send to Us.
- Financial data. Such as account numbers, payment card information, and related details.
- Identity data. Such as national identification numbers, social security, and drivers license details.
- Usage data. Such as tracking information regarding Your use of, and interaction with, the Services.
- Marketing data. Such as email preferences.
- Analytics data. Such as data We create through analysis of Your use of the Services.
- Other data. Any other data not specifically listed here collected regarding Your use of the Services.
Note: You can only change your shop name once every 30 days. Avoid frequent changes as it may confuse buyers.
3. Use of Information We Collect
We use information we collect about you for the following business and commercial purposes:
To provide our services and manage your account
- Process your registration with our Services, including verifying whether your email address is active and valid and enrolling you into our programs.
- Manage your account, including managing your favorite stores, products, brands, looks, and influencers.
- Track your shopping and identify opportunities for rewards and/or offers.
- Facilitate and manage your purchase transactions.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- Provide you customer service regarding your account and reply to your questions, comments, and requests.
- To provide, develop and enhance the Service.
- Provide and deliver products, information, and the Service itself to you.
- Process and fulfill orders.
- Enable security features, remembering Your device, sending You security codes.
- Enable social features, such as connecting You with other users and Third Party Services.
- To provide users with communications, materials, and marketing announcements.
- Perform any other actions deemed necessary by SabiMall to provide the Services.
For legal reasons
SabiMall collects and processes your Information on the basis of different legal grounds, depending on the nature of the Information being provided and the type of processing involved, as follows:
- Performance of a Contract. Some of the Information processed by SabiMall is performed on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you, or in order to take steps at the request of the user prior to entering such an agreement.
- Legitimate Interest. A second ground relied upon by SabiMall for other types of processing of your Personal Information is that it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by SabiMall. Such legitimate interests will include where SabiMall sends you marketing about our products and services, where we believe you have a reasonable expectation that we will perform a particular type of processing on your behalf, or where such processing is strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention. SabiMall will only rely on such a ground where an assessment has been performed balancing the interests and rights involved and the necessity of the processing in order to provide our services, products and features to you.
- A Legal Obligation. A third ground relied upon for certain types of processing is that it is necessary in order to allow SabiMall to comply with a legal obligation.
- Consent. Finally, in certain situations SabiMall relies on your consent in order to process your Personal Data, such as marketing communications.
To personalize and improve our services
We may use information we collect about you to create a profile of your preferences to personalize and tailor Services content so that it is more likely to be of interest to you. For example, we may use your recent search or purchase history to display more relevant offers and stores within the Services. Data collected from a browser or device may be used with another computer or device that is linked to the browser or device on which such data was collected (also known as cross-linking). We may also use information we collect about you to identify usage trends and perform statistical analyses to improve our Services, websites, applications, and marketing efforts to provide a better service to you in the future.
To provide you marketing and advertisement information
To the extent permitted by applicable law or subject to your consent, we may use your personal information to provide you more personalized offers and/or special offers, discounts and similar information, and to send you newsletters, rewards, discounts, promotion codes, events, and general information about the Service. You can manage these communications in accordance with Section 4 (Your Choices) below. To the extent permitted by applicable law or subject to your consent or right to opt-out, we may also use your information to advertise to you online, including targeting advertising to you on other websites.
To protect you, others, and our business
We may use collected information to assess risk and to investigate and limit fraud, spam, and other malicious online activities in our Services, and to improve our security measures. We may also use collected information to assert our legal rights or to defend our legal rights against third parties.
To comply with applicable laws
We may use information we collect about you to enable us to comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and judicial authorities in each geographical region in which we operate.
To administer giveaways, sweepstakes, contests, surveys, polls and promotions
From time to time, we may invite you to enter sweepstakes, contests, promotions, surveys, or polls. If you choose to participate in a contest or promotion, your personal information may be used to administer the contest, such as to determine your eligibility for the contest or to award a prize. If you choose to participate in a survey or poll, the feedback you submit will be aggregated and deidentified to provide us insight on business and shopping trends.
4. Sharing Your Information
A. Disclosure for Business and Commercial Purposes.
We may disclose the below-specified categories of information for our business or commercial purposes, including the following:
Disclosure to our service providers
We may share all categories of your collected personal information as necessary with our third-party service providers (which may include Company affiliates) who perform various business operations, solely for our benefit or on our behalf, under our instructions and in compliance with appropriate contractual, technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from unauthorized use, retention, or disclosure. For example, we may partner with other companies to provide you support services, authentication services, prevent fraud on our Services, administer our promotions, sweepstakes, and surveys, perform analytics, and maintain the accuracy of our databases.
Disclosure to our business partners
We work with various types of third-party business partners to offer you our Services. We may share the following types of information with the following types of Business Partners. For European users, this sharing and usage will occur only with your consent and you may update your preferences at any time by following the instructions in Section 6 below.
Disclosure to Third Parties
If you enable features or functionality that connects the Service to a third party platform such as a social media network (each, a “Third Party”), then we may disclose Your Information to such Third Party, and do not control the Third Party’s use of Your Information. Additionally, we may share information about You with additional third parties, whether or not authorized by You, in our provision of the Services.
Disclosure to Other Users
We will share Your Information with others users, including to sellers when you make a purchase on the Service, or to the broader user base when You upload Information publicly. We do not control how other users will utilize Your Information.
Disclosure With Your Consent
We will share Your Information in addition in the method and to those listed herein with Your consent, and as described in such consent.
Disclosure to the public
As an essential element of the Service, most of the Personal Information you provide to us when you register or update your profile is displayed on your profile and intended to be shared with other users. Your photos, posts, and other content you post to the Site are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content through our Services, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put any sensitive, confidential, or any other information you do not wish to be shared in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Service, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others.
Disclosure of Feedback
We may share and publish any feedback we receive from you. We may identify you by your first and last name and may also indicate your home city. We may post any feedback on the Service from time to time. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with Poshmark, or on the Poshmark Service, you should be aware that you have no reasonable expectation of privacy and that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, or the Service and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums or on the Service.
Disclosure to Digital Advertising Partners
B. Disclosure for Legal Purposes.
We may share the information we collect, including personal information, to the extent permitted by applicable law, (i) in response to subpoenas or other legal processes or if, in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required or permitted by law without a specific disclosure; (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; (iii) to enforce our terms and conditions or other policies applicable to our Services; and (iv) to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of Company or any third party.
In relation to Business Asset Transfers
For EU/EEA visitors, Legal basis for using your Personal Information
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. For the European Economic Area, there are different legal bases that we rely on to use your Personal Information:
- Performance of a contract. The use of your Personal Information may be necessary to perform the terms and conditions or other policies under which we provide our Services.
- Legitimate interests. We may use your Personal Information for our legitimate interests to improve our Services, security purposes, and fraud prevention, and to share information with our affiliates for internal administration. In such circumstances it is for us to ensure that these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. If we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be for to operate our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
5. Your Choices
Updating Account Information
We encourage you to maintain the accuracy of the information you submit to us. You may provide account updates by logging into your Service account and updating your information in the Settings.
A. Email Marketing
By signing up for an account or if you consent, you may receive periodic electronic communications and direct mailings from Company. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by following the instructions provided in those communications to stop them, modifying the settings of your account, or contacting us through the Services. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails and other types of communications, as permitted by law, such as service emails relating to our ongoing business relationship. Service emails contain service-related announcements that affect your account, such as product order confirmations, reward or payment updates, and responses to your comments and feedback submitted to us.
B. Mobile Application Notifications
When using our mobile application, your preferences for receiving push notifications and other mobile alerts can be configured in the settings of your mobile device.
6. Your rights regarding your personal information
Your privacy rights
You have certain rights regarding your personal information based on applicable local laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) where applicable, which may include the following rights:
- To Access your personal information/data portability – You have the right to request that we send you (or another organization, under certain conditions) a copy of your personal data in our possession, in a readily usable and portable format.
- To Rectify the information we hold about you – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate or complete any information you believe is incomplete.
- To Erase or Delete your personal information – You have the right to request that we erase or delete your personal information under certain conditions or subject to certain legal exceptions.
- To Restrict our processing of your personal information – You have the right to request that we restrict our processing (collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure, making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction) of your personal information, under certain circumstances.
- To Object to our processing of your personal information – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain circumstances.
- To Opt out of certain sharing of your personal information that California law defines as a “sale,” including our selling, renting , releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating your personal information to another business for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- To Lodge a Complaint with your local data protection authority, as set forth below.
- To Non-Discrimination – We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights by denying you goods or services, charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting others or denying you discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties, providing you a different level or quality of goods or services, or suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services if you exercise your rights to access or delete your personal information or opt-out out of its sale.
- To Modify Your Data Collection Preferences - You may in some cases have the option to decline to provide us with certain information; however, your choice may impact your use of certain features or services for which that information is a necessary component.
- You can prospectively stop all collection of information by our mobile application by uninstalling our mobile application. Because installation of the mobile application permits our data collection about your online behavior on that device, even without your interaction with the application, it must be uninstalled to completely withdraw your consent to this data collection. In some instances, you can opt out of certain data collection by updating your Settings within your mobile device settings.
Rights Applicable to California Residents
This section applies only to California Residents. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), if you are a California resident, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Know and Access: You can only change your shop name once every 30 days. Avoid frequent changes as it may confuse buyers.
Right to Request Deletion: You can only change your shop name once every 30 days. Avoid frequent changes as it may confuse buyers.
How To Exercise Your CCPA Rights to Know, Access, and Request Deletion: You can only change your shop name once every 30 days. Avoid frequent changes as it may confuse buyers.
Agents. You can only change your shop name once every 30 days. Avoid frequent changes as it may confuse buyers.
Right to Opt-out of Sale of Your Personal Information: You can only change your shop name once every 30 days. Avoid frequent changes as it may confuse buyers.
Right to Non-Discrimination: You can only change your shop name once every 30 days. Avoid frequent changes as it may confuse buyers.
- deny you goods or services.
- charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- provide you a different level or quality of goods or services, or
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
7. Right Applicable to EU users
Choices under EU law
If your Personal Information is subject to the protections offered by EU law, you may:
- Access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information, at any time by contacting us via the Contact information provided in Section 9, below or by updating your account profile at https://www.shopstyle.co.uk/my/profile and your privacy preferences at https://www.shopstyle.co.uk/privacy/preferences;
- Object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information; and
- Withdraw your consent at any time if we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent.
- Complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including US and Canada) are available at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.)
To exercise any of these rights please contact us in accordance with the contact details set forth below in Section 9, below or by updating your preferences at https://www.shopstyle.co.uk/privacy/preferences. Please note that if you are not subject to EU law, these rights do not apply to you.
For all persons except EU visitors and California Residents: To exercise any privacy rights you may have, please contact us via the contact information listed in Section 9, below.
8. Other Notices
Shine the Light. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Do Not Track. Company does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to monitor and review new technologies and will modify this policy accordingly in the event of a change.
Notice regarding information of minors. This site and any related services are intended for adults 18 years of age or over, and we do not knowingly collect or sell personal information of consumer under 18 years of age without affirmative authorization or without verifiable opt-in consent from a parent for those under age 13.
Retention of Data. We may retain information about you for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes described Section 2. Some of your information may be retained in our systems even after you request your information to be deleted in order to comply with our obligations under applicable law, collect fees owed, resolve disputes, enforce our legal rights, otherwise use internally in a lawful manner that is reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer or compatible with the context in which the information was provided, and to undertake any investigations necessitated by the foregoing.
Information Security. We have implemented technical and organizational measures to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk to the Personal Information that we process. These measures are aimed at preserving the ongoing integrity and protecting the confidentiality of users’ Personal Information. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to confirm that they continue to maintain and apply an appropriate level of security.